Discuss Tilemaster products required for a job in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi, I have a tiler turning up next week to tile my refurbished bathroom. He always uses Rocatex adhesive and grout, but I have asked him to use Tilemaster products for the floor as this is what has been recommended by the supplier of my Omnie underfloor heating system. As a result he's asked me to buy the products and I will be preparing the floor for him by fixing plywood over the UFH boards/pipes and priming it.

He will then fix a Tilemaster anti-fracture mat, then tile the floor with 600 x 600 tiles using Tilemaster Adhesive Ultimate Flexible Adhesive Rapid Set S2 and grout using Tilemaster Grout 3000.

The 1500 x 900 shower tray fits against two walls, which have been boarded with Marmox with all joints taped over, so the walls are water tight. I will also use Marmox tape between the two walls and shower tray. The other long edge of the shower tray will have a shower screen and the smaller edge of the tray will be the walk in entrance (no door). The tiles will be tiled upto (and hopefully) finished at the same height as the top of the shower tray.

As I'm preparing the floor for him, I was planning to prime the glued and screwed plywood with Tilemaster prime + grip, however, I would like to use something more water tight on the plywood around the entrance to the shower and down the long edge to which the shower screen is fitted i.e. the two sides that will be tiled up to, so I was thinking of using some Tilemaster Tanking Paste. Clearly, as people walk out of the shower, the tiles in the entrance will get wet and so tanking paste in this area should prevent any moisture getting down to the plywood boards.

I'm assuming where I put tanking paste on the plywood, there's no need for prime + grip and the tanking paste will give a good sound basis for tiling onto, or should I prime + grip the whole floor, then put tanking paste down in the required areas?

I'm assuming the Tilemaster anti-fracture mat isn't a substitute for using tanking paste?

I feel like I'm possibly using too many products and would appreciate some guidance.

Reply to Tilemaster products required for a job in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks