Discuss Tilemaster Magix S reviews in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I need to restock on my adhesive and was thinking of using Magix S this time instead of Standard Setaflex.

Is anyone here using it?
What kind of coverage are people getting?
What is shrink back like?

Might try a few bags first but if it’s highly recommended I might bite the bullet and order a pallet.

Any reviews kindly appreciated.

Cheers people.

H

hmtiling

Used the rapid once to sort out a bad wall. No more than 8mm. It shrunk and cracked. Won't use it again

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Oh, that’s not good.
Would this kind of issue be more common on a rapid setting adhesive?

F

Flintstone

I've used it twice in slow and rapid form. First time I wasn't that into it, second time it felt alright, it's different ! Try half a dozen bags would be my suggestion

Last edited by a moderator:

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've used it twice in slow and rapid form. First time I wasn't that into it, second time it felt alright, it's different ! Try half a dozen bags would be my suggestion

I think that’s a good shout, I think enough to do a couple of bathrooms to get a feel for it.

O

One Day

I've used plenty now, at least a few pallets and it's my preferred adhesive.
Can't say I've noticed any shrinking (although I mainly clip everything) but on everything from 600x600 floors to 3.2 x 1.6m magnum tiles, it's a joy to carry/mix/use.
Like all standard set lightweights, it stays "green" for a long time, so don't expect rock-solid dry bonds after 16hrs.

W

Waluigi

I’ve used about 4 bags now.

I thought it was OK. Mixes nicely, cleans up nicely and all that but I just found it didn’t bite as well as I’d like. Maybe just me I don’t know. Maybe I didn’t give it enough of a chance. I just didn’t feel compelled to make it my go to adhesive.

I would think twice about taking a punt and buying a pallet. There are adhesives I would suggest taking a punt on and would be incredibly surprised if you didn’t like them, magix isn’t one of them.

Reply to Tilemaster Magix S reviews in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks