Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiled Floor Level Tolerance in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,
I am buying a new build house and the snagging surveyor has raised an issue with some floor levels in a bedroom and 2 en-suite shower rooms, which are out of NHBC tolerance.

The main issue is with a tiled floor that is off by 6mm over 2 metres. The build states that it is in tolerance.
NHBC state..

9.1.7 Ceramic, concrete, terrazzo and similar tile finishes
.”the variation in surface level should be within ±3mm measured using a 2m straight edge with equal offsets”

Does that mean 3mm over 2 metres or 3mm per metre , so 6mm over 2 metres?

NHBC state for other floors...
level within a 3mm deviation per 1m for floors up to 6m across

Strange that they would publish the same tolerance for both when sloping tiled floors in bathrooms is more of a safety risk.

Thanks

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks but I didn’t say how far out the floors are.
One floor is out 16mm over 2 metres for example.
The question was about what the NHBC tolerance is for tiled floors, 3mm over 2m or 3mm per metre. The NHBC tolerance above is ambiguous.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
On point 9.1.7 , this tolerance is 3mm over a 2mtr length as in say a straight edge or level. This is + or - 3mm. So a dip or a rise in the floor for a tiled covering. As tilers that is what we follow. If your floors are out of level but still flat then it’s an issue with the installation of the floor joists or screed , depending on the structure of the floors.

Reply to Tiled Floor Level Tolerance in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock