Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile trim ! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi All,

I’ve been asked to help a friend whose has a stab at tile their bathroom; they’ve tiled around the window, sides, top and bottom but asked me to finish the window (window reveals and tile trim.

I’ve tiled the reveals and placed the trim in place but it’s left varying gaps between the tiles and the trim (as you look at the window). My plan was to grout and then maybe apply a thin bead of silicone to get a clean finish... anyone ever had to do this?

Also, any tips on how to achieve the perfect window with trim, I assume its the cutting but any advice for future reference would be great.

Attachments

• 206F3AEA-8F1C-45A7-B4D5-3B8E3380B1D4.jpeg
    206F3AEA-8F1C-45A7-B4D5-3B8E3380B1D4.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 53
Reaction score
I previously rectified some uneven window tiles with a good diamond blade and a grinder. Marked a straight line with a sharpie and cut it.

I'm not a pro like some on here but it made a huge difference to the aesthetics of mine.

Just take your time and try and do it on a windy day with an open window so the ton of dust gets sucked out 😉.

Reply to Tile trim ! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock