Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile Trim Window Edge in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

W44dde

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hey guys, new to the forum.. I'm currently tile a bathroom and have the tiles cut around the window in the front wall.. I've tried my hardest to get the edge of the window tiles as straight as can be but when placing a tile edge trim up against the line there's a 1mm gap every now and then.. As in its not quite 100 percent a straight line.. I'm planning on using a tile file when dried tomorrow but just wondered if there is something I could of done different.. I've tried using a sanding stone but it'd take me an age to sand off 1mm.. Is it normal to have a 'slight' grout edge on the flush trim and will it be really noticeable if so? Diy'er but a perfectionist so I want it to be as perfect as possible.. Thanks 😊

T

Time's Ran Out

You must be an engineer!
Best post a picture so we can give better advice.
You may need to run an angle grinder along the edge but most times a spacer peg gives an evenjoint.

OP
W

W44dde

-
Reaction score
Haha.. Do you think I should put a 2mm spacer between the trim and the tile then? I'm using 30 x 60cm tiles with 4mm spacers.. Didn't know wether people use a spacer between the tile trim and the tile to grout in? 😊

Reply to Tile Trim Window Edge in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock