Discuss Tile Trim Search/Advice in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Frelon

-
Reaction score
Hi all, first post here so be gentle!

I tiled behind a sink unit a couple of years ago and used Homelux Kitchen Corner Cove 6mm at the joint between the sink unit and the tiles. The job has turned out well as I did not want to use silicone sealant at the join.

IMG_6920(1).jpg
IMG_6920(1).jpg

I am now wanting to tile above a worksurface and decided to use the same trim. However I am unable to find a stockist of this product, or something similar.

IMG_6913.PNG
IMG_6913.PNG

It seems as rare as hen's teeth! Any ideas, other than traipsing around the tile stores in the hope of finding some?

Many thanks.

Frelon.

Frelon

-
Reaction score
Prob someone like B&Q would do something like that
or just google it
Been to my two local B & Qs, tried Topps Tiles, CDT Tiles, Tile Giant, even contacted Homelux directly! Their sales department pointed me to Travis Perkins but no luck there! Unable to get a reply from Homelux as to whether it is still a current product!

Just wondering what the experts out there do when tiling down to a worksurface in a kitchen? Seems that an upstand at the back of the worksurface and tile above is the latest trend, with silicone sealant applied at the join. I do not have an upstand at the back of my worksurface.

Reaction score
Hi all, first post here so be gentle!

I tiled behind a sink unit a couple of years ago and used Homelux Kitchen Corner Cove 6mm at the joint between the sink unit and the tiles. The job has turned out well as I did not want to use silicone sealant at the join.

View attachment 123218 View attachment 123218

I am now wanting to tile above a worksurface and decided to use the same trim. However I am unable to find a stockist of this product, or something similar.

View attachment 123220 View attachment 123220

It seems as rare as hen's teeth! Any ideas, other than traipsing around the tile stores in the hope of finding some?

Many thanks.

Frelon.

Frelon

-
Reaction score
Thanks Norbert87, that would have been ideal. However I went again to B &Q and had a rummage through their stock and behind all of the fancy new trim I found a Diall 1/4" round internal edge trim. That did the job which is now finished. I think the finish is far superior to using silicone sealant, especially if one does not have the skills of the professional tiler!

Yes, I know I have to remove a small amount of grout from the join!!

IMG_6936.jpg IMG_6925.jpg IMG_6929.jpg

Reply to Tile Trim Search/Advice in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks