Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile trim is this correct? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

hjb333

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi

In the process of getting bathroom done and came home to this…see photos.

I am used the the tile trim facing the room, like a frame, but tiler has done it this way facing in towards the recess.

It doesn’t look right to me and looking online can’t see anything else like this!

Is this even right?

Attachments

• IMG_4690.jpg
    IMG_4690.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4689.jpg
    IMG_4689.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4688.jpg
    IMG_4688.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4687.jpg
    IMG_4687.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 48

Rodduz

-
Reaction score
:)
Hi

I am used the the tile trim facing the room, like a frame, but tiler has done it this way facing in towards the recess.

It doesn’t look right to me and looking online can’t see anything else like this!

Is this even right?

It's not meant to be done that way no, it's meant to face you, like you say. I've seen it done that way several times though.

OP
H

hjb333

-
Reaction score
Yeah it just doesnt look right at all to me. Is there any other negatives to the way this has been done, or just cosmetic?

It is going to be a lot of hassle to change this... basically every tile on that wall would need to come off, and risk damaging tiles on the other walls as they side behind these.

I've personally never seen it done this way and cant even find an image of it anywhere.

I think its something I have to live with, the tiler said he always does it this way, but its clearly not normal and wish he had mentioned thats how it was going to face...its not something you should specify as its done one way (or least I thought)

andyb1

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It can be done either way, i do mine like that, i do work for one company and they want all of their trims done this way, there is nothing wrong with it.

OP
H

hjb333

-
Reaction score
Thanks…so no need to replace, just something I have to get used to cosmetically.

Any reason why people do it this way over the other way it is mostly done?

Reaction score
There is no right or wrong way. Its a personal preference. Ive done both, but Ive followed the instructions Ive been given by the client.

Reaction score

It's not meant to be done that way no, it's meant to face you, like you say. I've seen it done that way several times though.
Rubbish.
Thanks…so no need to replace, just something I have to get used to cosmetically.

Any reason why people do it this way over the other way it is mostly done?
Its personal preference, nothing more comp[licated than that.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Hi

Is this even right?
The tile trim can go either way !! The reason you mostly see it facing you is because its alot easier to do it !! The way your tiler has done it it is alot harder

Reply to Tile trim is this correct? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock