Discuss Tile trim for 7mm floor tiles - Also tiling on Wood one side and Quarry tiles the other in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

TileDave

What trim size do i need for a 7mm floor tile and whats the best flexi adeasive to use on part quary floor & floor boards and how much do i need for 8sqm

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You need different adhesive for those two floors. Work with them as separate floors. And you'll need an expansion strip where the two floors meet as both of those floors will expand and retract at different rates, so if you tile over them both with 1 tile (so the join is under the one tile) it'll crack right where the two floors meet.

Where do you need tile trim on a floor? Do you mean the door strip where it will meet another floor type? Or are you tiling a step or something on the actual floor? In that case a trim might be needed.

Also, what are those quarry tiles fixed to? For such a small area it might be worth pulling them all up and then sorting out either a floating floor to tile to, or perhaps fix tile backer boards all over the lot. Not too sure on what the practice would be there mind, bit above my pay grade (I'm not a tiler, I just make the tea for the lads :D )

Got any pictures of the actual floor for us?

Where are you getting your tiles from? That will limit / stipulate your adhesive options. No point us saying one brand and you can only get another, sort of thing.

Reply to Tile trim for 7mm floor tiles - Also tiling on Wood one side and Quarry tiles the other in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks