Discuss Tile on tile in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have 1 wall at the side of the shower and it already has tiles on, what adhesive should I use for 600x300 replacement tiles?
Thanks
Steve

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The only adhesive you should use would be a cement based powdered adhesive.

I would not recommend tiling over existing though, remember your new tiles will only be fixed to the substrate as well as your old tiles are.

But if you have no choice I would do the following using the products I would use.

Ensure existing tiles are well fixed.
Clean tiles really well, removing all soap residues and any old sealers.
Prime the tiles with Tilemaster Prime Grip.
Tile with Tilemaster Standard Setaflex.

Hope this helps :)

T

Time's Ran Out

Nah!
I wouldn’t tile 600x300 on top of anything other than a prepared Wedi/jackoboard substrate.
Substrate could be emulsion painted plasterboard - not worth the risk!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you pull a few tiles off to see what it is they're stuck to? Seems a bit of a shame to stick fresh on and then one day they all come off.

Reply to Tile on tile in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks