Discuss Tile levelling system for 300mm floor tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I need to lay some tiles on a bathroom floor area of about 2m by 2.7m.
The tiles are 300mm square porcelain. The floor is 18mm plywood, marmox, heating mat and SLC.

Despite my best efforts, the floor is sloping slightly. It's about 7mm out over the 2m width.

Can I use a floor levelling system when the slopes as above? Will it take the slope out of the floor.

Which system is recommended for someone who hasn't used one before? I've been looking at the Gemini Easy Level system.
Thanks

W

WetSaw

I think you've completely misunderstood what levelling systems do, that is get the tiles level with each other. They shouldn't be needed with small tiles and would probably make the job harder. If the floor is flat not level and you are not bothered about it sloping just tile it. Otherwise as above, prime again and another layer of SLC to get it level.

Reaction score
Thanks for replies.
I realise that the levelling system is to avoid lippage between the tiles and not designed to fix the slope.
I was more wondering if such a system can still prevent lippage when used on a floor sloping as described.
The last time I tiled a floor, the tiles had a slight rounded edge so any slight lippage wasn't really noticeable (to me). The tiles this time have a sharp edge. I wanted to use the levelling system this time because I think any lippage will be much more visible.
I do have some Mapei renovation screed but believe I can't feather edge it?

Reply to Tile levelling system for 300mm floor tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks