Discuss Tile Levelling plastic breaks? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Gnasher

TF
Reaction score
Hi,
I am about to fix some ceramic 600 x 300 rectified tiles to a bathroom wall and was planning to use the PREMTOOL tile levelling system for the first time. Having read some reviews of these type of systems, some people have said that the plastic does not always snap in the right place, leaving plastic protruding.

Is this a problem with these systems or is it just poor technique? Your experience of this would be useful, thanks.

I am tiling to tanked Hardiebacker using Ardex X77W adhesive.

Gnasher

Reaction score
As long as you make sure to clean the grout lines of all adhesive before it sets you shouldn't have a problem. If adhesive squeezes up and sets around the clip then it can't move when you hit it and therefore won't snap.

roadking

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I’d also recommend that if you’re using 3mm spacers get 2mm clips, or if you using 2mm spacers get 1mm clips as it’s definitely easier to remove them if the clips are smaller.....

Reply to Tile Levelling plastic breaks? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks