Discuss tile leveling in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
hi as anyone used the vitrex lash leveling wedges on wall tiles
ive looked at them and the base of the clips that tuck behind the tile looks curved so you would need a thick bed of addesive or am i missing something?
thanks george

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Vitrex ones are crap tbh.

have a look at Protilerstool, they stock a good clip.......or Kuballa

Reaction score
hi as anyone used the vitrex lash leveling wedges on wall tiles
ive looked at them and the base of the clips that tuck behind the tile looks curved so you would need a thick bed of addesive or am i missing something?
thanks george
Hey George

I wouldn't recommend using the sprung type levelers due to them being a pain to insert. There is no extra bed required as the spring is there to pull the tiles level to reduce the lippage. I personally use the larger wedges with the plain base. You can do them by hand and they are quicker to use with less chance of breaking them with the gun. Many tilers do not use the leveling wedges and it is a personal choice.
On some surfaces it does give a better appearance on larger areas. (I've rarely come across a perfectly flat wall or floor that will give a perfect flat finish to the tiles) They work well with rectified tiles but not so good on un rectfied, where it is usually better to lay by sight and feel. Getting the bed right is the real key, but they do work. They also negate the need to place individual spacers, again just make sure the tile is tight to the spacer of the wedge.
Joe

Reply to tile leveling in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks