Discuss Tile Inspector / Expert Witness Needed in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I'm in a bind and I'm looking for the opinion of a qualified tiling inspector / expert witness with experience of 20mm large format outdoor porcelain tiles being installed incorrectly (i.e. as if they are regular pavers). Are you an expert witness, or can you recommend one? Please PM me. I'd like to understand my chances of success in court based on your/their prior cases.

I've tried the TTA. They want to charge me £1800 for a report but haven't indicated my chances of success. And I've tried an expert witness who contradicted some of what the TTA had to say about applicable British Standards. I've wasted £10k on a failing patio. I can't afford to gamble another £1800 without any indication of likely success.

Many thanks.

D

Dumbo

I'm in a bind and I'm looking for the opinion of a qualified tiling inspector / expert witness with experience of 20mm large format outdoor porcelain tiles being installed incorrectly (i.e. as if they are regular pavers). Are you an expert witness, or can you recommend one? Please PM me. I'd like to understand my chances of success in court based on your/their prior cases.

I've tried the TTA. They want to charge me £1800 for a report but haven't indicated my chances of success. And I've tried an expert witness who contradicted some of what the TTA had to say about applicable British Standards. I've wasted £10k on a failing patio. I can't afford to gamble another £1800 without any indication of likely success.

Many thanks.
Can you be a bit more specific about your problems , also a solicitor is most likely to give your best indication of success or not . Also be aware that if the party you are claiming against hasn't got the assetts or will to reimburse you they may just wind their company up .
Just as a disclaimer , I am not an expert on consumer law .

I

Italy

it seems that it is still the patio published a month ago.
if I'm not mistaken.

C

Concrete guy

Try these people, they have a reputation in the landscaping world and have had an on line presence for some time.

Reading between the lines here, you've employed landscapers to do a landscaping job and you're now looking for a tiler or tiling association representative to critique the work.

I'd be inclined, at least initially to keep it all under one umbrella. Get an expert witness from the landscaping world not the tiling world. It would be more appropriate and less open to suggestions of bias.

External vitrified paving (to give it it's correct name) is new to a lot of landscapers and it's becoming very popular, but many of them are not given the correct training or specification for fitting by the supplier.

To confuse things even further, most of what's sold as "porcelain" for external fitment isn't actually porcelain at all. The link above explains in more detail.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Coming from the potteries you'd think I understand that page but I bloody don't!

This is what should be used as the definition IMO.

There’s also a difference in the manufacturing process between true porcelain and some ceramics. True porcelain is (usually) a blend of white clay, selected fine sand and feldspar, fired once as a biscuit, whereas ceramics tend to use non-white clays with no feldspar, and will often have a glaze applied after an initial firing, and then be fired again to ‘set’ the glaze.

The above quote taken from the page ATS linked to.

Reply to Tile Inspector / Expert Witness Needed in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks