Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile Identification in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Everyone,

I recently moved into a new property and I have a tiled floor and hallway. Some of these tiles are loose and cracked so I've removed the grouting and loosened the tiles out with the aim of putting some new https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ down and replacing the tile.

The only problem I have is that the tiles have loads of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ already stuck to the back of them which I am having difficulty removing, so I might need some replacement tiles.

I was wondering if anyone can help me identify the tile itself. All I can see to identify it is that it has "MADE IN SPAIN" on the back along with the number 4.

I've attached a picture for reference and hoping one of you can sort this riddle out for me! The length of the tile is 45cm, with a width of 15cm (45 L x 15 W).
20200517_205457.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think H and R Johnson's charnwood grain. Did three colours. I have said this before though and stood corrected so search forum for charnwood. Should find the thread. Lovely plank tile. Well before the bowed longer veriety that I'd avoid in my own home.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This might be it.

OP
T
Reaction score
Might be wooliscroft who made them now reading that thread.
Dan, thank you so much. I will take a look. I have a feeling it may have been discontinued as I have been searching high and low and can't seem to find. You are the first person who has given me any indication of what it might be / where it comes from. Thanks again!

Reply to Tile Identification in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock