Discuss Tile identification pop quiz! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

These tiles are an existing floor in the house that I am currently Woking on.
Does anyone know anything about them?
They are 12"x9" Terracotta like, laid onto what appears to be just a sand bed.
This is just pure curiosity on my part.
Cheers.
ga6a6e3y.jpg
ujepuse5.jpg
epynypyn.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

They look like 'lionheart' but it's an odd size!
Ctd used to do an extruded terracotta coloured tile that was meant to replicate the real thing - we are going back 20 years! It should be straight down the sides and chopped at the ends similar to hand cut clay and then high fired. Quite a red colour.
But then I may be wrong.

O

Old Mod

They look like 'lionheart' but it's an odd size!
Ctd used to do an extruded terracotta coloured tile that was meant to replicate the real thing - we are going back 20 years! It should be straight down the sides and chopped at the ends similar to hand cut clay and then high fired. Quite a red colour.
But then I may be wrong.
thanks [MENTION=11380]timeless john[/MENTION], appreciate that!
I'll try get a more complete or at least clean one tmorra so u can see.
but they are definitely a terracotta red. The house was fairly original in all aspects until the new client got his hands on it! Mouldings, coved ceilings, original doors and so on. This is the same house I reclaimed this Victorian floor I posted before Christmas.
Thanks again John.
zyzymy9y.jpg
2ajeqa4u.jpg
u2y3ehav.jpg
egy5adan.jpg

O

Old Mod

Did you manage to save much 3 fall
I did actually Mark, thanks for asking.
I think a very conservative guess would be a min of 5m2 unscathed.
Another 3m2 with liveable chipping and the remaining 2m2 badly chipped or broken in two.
virtually nothing completely destroyed but because I had so little time towards the end, I had to be more aggressive unfortunately. In fact on the last day I had to forget my job and spend two hrs getting the final pieces up, I was trying to lift the tiles while a labourer on the other side was using a Kango literally chasing me haha but got there. 10 large Travis Perkins Rubble Sacks full, oh and a few complete floor slabs about 300-400mm2
So now starts the long and slow, Half hr here Half hr there restoration process.
I'll let u know how I go if u like, but I expect to grow a few more grey hairs in the mean time haha

Reply to Tile identification pop quiz! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks