Discuss Tile height using Schluter Ditra? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

HardTarget

Hi guys, have not got round to tiling the bathroom and kitchen floor and was wondering how high the finished tile height will be once completed? Tiles are 9mm thick and I will be using the Schluter Ditra as recommended.

Jimmy

H

HardTarget

both i think? Sorry10mm for the tile to Ditra. Not sure if this is the correct size for laying 300mm x 600mm x 9mm tiles on to the Ditra?

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

As long you back skim the tile, if you find 10mm dos'nt give the coverage after fixing a tile down and then lifting then try a 12mm.

H

HardTarget

if I was to use the 12mm what would be the overall height including tile? I know it should compress, but not sure by how much. Just I need to know the finish tile height and I have never used this system before.

W

White Room

About 17mm including the tile fixed, 4mm for ditra and adhesive, adhesive onto ditra and tile, again about 12-13mm.
When you trowel onto ditra with addy use the notched side it makes it a lot easier to fill the voids.

H

HardTarget

Cheers Whitebeam! :) I will be using Tilemasters Ultimate adhesive as this was recommended by another forum user? Its just I'm still unsure by the term modified and unmodified.

W

White Room

Cheers Whitebeam! :) I will be using Tilemasters Ultimate adhesive as this was recommended by another forum user? Its just I'm still unsure by the term modified and unmodified.

Not one I've used to be honest, more of an American use of words, we tend to use flexible which you will need.

S

SJPurdy

When you trowel onto ditra with addy use the notched side it makes it a lot easier to fill the voids.
Is that a misprint? I would have thought better to use the flat side of trowel to fill the "ditra holes" and then the notched side over this to provide the "ribs" of adhesive to bed the tile (back buttered) into.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it might be. He might mean skim with the flat side to fill the voids. Then trowel as usual. And also back butter the tiles.

Those aren't coming up then.

Reply to Tile height using Schluter Ditra? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks