Discuss tile giant discount in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Mike

is it easy to get a tg trade/discount card? i was in chester branch over wknd buying 2 bags mapei slc (£60:yikes: ) but the guy said a trade account will take a month to open :mad2:

E

enduro

I have a trade account...dosent seem to make to much of a discount at my local Tile giant, so i stopped using them and gone to a local supplier who i get it for the same price but i dont have to travel so far so i save it on fuel.

C

charlie1

I didnt have to wait 2 month for mine! I got it the same day as i remember. £30 per bag is a bit steep!!!

M

Mike

I didnt have to wait 2 month for mine! I got it the same day as i remember. £30 per bag is a bit steep!!!
i thought it was steep too. good stuff tho, i've used several different ones over the years but the mapei is the best i've tried, but i guess you get what you pay for

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i have one at my local,it seems to make a difference on some stuff but on others nowt. adhesive and slc it should though. im sure i opened in on the same day,can't remember though

D

DHTiling

Check out tilers arms trade account thread in the arms, this entitles you to top discounts

Also which Mapei slc was it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

djg

Hi Mike

I got my Travis Perkins trade card same day, tho you have to wait a few days for the online password to be sent in the post.
TP Group own TP, TG, and a few other building merchants like City Plumbing, CCF (dry lining) etc . My local TP claim the one card gets you the same discount across the group, but I havent bothered checking this.

As [admin] Dave says, the forum has negotiated 'better than trade' discounts for arms and elite members ... but I'm not one yet :thumbsdown: so I don't know!

Dave

D

djg

Oh, I should have said, I went for a "Cash" Trade card, not a Credit one. Obviously they will want to do all sorts of credit checks before issuing the latter, so that type of account may take longer to set up - but they told me the discounts were the same.

D

djg

Just had a quick check online - £30 a bag for Mapei Latex Plan Trade slc is steep.

You can get it for xx (exVAT) and even delivered next day the two would only be xx (inc VAT) - cheaper and saving you the agro of going to a TG store.

The Mapei Renovation Screed that we saw at the training day is about the same price (xx for the two delivered) and one supplier even quotes the list price as only xx a bag so it looks like TG may be charging above list if you don't claim to be trade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please refrain from posting trade prices in the public forums. Tile Giant offer those who have filled in the form to get an exclusive rate on commonly purchased products but it's not the whole range. Perhaps that's what's going on here?

D

djg

Sorry guys, didn't mean to break any rules :oops:

But to be clear, those weren't trade prices, just "straight off the web" available to the public and DIYer, not some price I'd got as trade.

Will refrain from such postings until I get my arms membership :smilewinkgrin:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhh, I thought they looked a bit pricey to be fair. haha. My bad.

Get yourself in the arms mate, the lads compare prices in there so you know what the going rate is near your area etc.

Reply to tile giant discount in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks