Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile cutter maintenance (montolit) in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

I've just bought a montolit minipiuma and noticed the rail is quite stiff.

Does anybody know how to fix this? I don't know whether it needs adjusting or lubricating?

I've never had a montolit before but got a good deal so couldn't let it go!

If it needs lubricating what am I best using on it?

Also any tips on how to work the thing would be helpful as I'm usually a rubi guy!

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi mate ..If you’ve only got it & it’s stiff it just needs adjustment…there’s 2 small screws on a blue bar on the main handle …don’t make it too loose as it goes wobbly resulting in a wobbly cut…keep it lubed with some WD40 every now & again

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi mate ..If you’ve only got it & it’s stiff it just needs adjustment…there’s 2 small screws on a blue bar on the main handle …don’t make it too loose as it goes wobbly resulting in a wobbly cut…keep it lubed with some WD40 every now & again
Hiya pal, yeah ill try that thanks, is wd-40 alright to use or should it be the silicone version? Some say wd-40 some say silicone spray?

Reaction score
Hiya pal, yeah ill try that thanks, is wd-40 alright to use or should it be the silicone version? Some say wd-40 some say silicone spray?
I just use the spray as the dust from working just drys it up …suppose you could use some other sort of lubricant…hope this helps

Reply to Tile cutter maintenance (montolit) in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock