Discuss Tile adhesive to level off floor in the Tile Adhesive area at TilersForums.com

vala85

-
Reaction score
Hi all,
Got some 1sqm 6mm tiles to lay and the subfloor is 18mm T&G ply on top of joists. On this is 6mm hardie board (was used to build up height to match landing) and ditra mat.
Underneath this is wet UFH.

As the ply is straight onto joists the floor is not exactly 100% flat and level. It's not massively out, max of around 4-5mm if that.

Would it be ok to get round this using just the tile adhesive?
Was going to use Kerakoll BioGel Rapid, and using a 12mm notched trowel. I'll be back buttering as well.

Reply to Tile adhesive to level off floor in the Tile Adhesive area at TilersForums.com

Similar threads

• Question
Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Two questions: I want to tile over electric underfloor heating cables / Ditra Heat with 600x600mm large format tiles (9.5mm depth tile). My question is the adhesive that I have got which is the correct one for underfloor heating is 8 months old but on the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, got to tile the floor of a small ( 12 ms ) new kitchen extension. The builders put down 18mm OSB3, glued and screwed, it ain’t coming up! Obviously would have liked plywood. What do you recommend as my best option, overboard with hardibacker, 6mm ply, or use a decoupler like Ditra? Any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All Looking for a bit of advice if I may? I recently embarked on a project to replace the bath in the en-suite with a shower, but once the state of the flooring became apparent the project grew legs and the whole room got gutted! I have replaced all the OSB with 18mm ply, due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. Advice would be appreciated on whether I should use some sort of levelling compound to even out irregular lippage on the existing tiles before I start, or whether I should be okay with back buttering or otherwise increasing/ decreasing the height of adhesive whenever I encounter a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, This is for a bathroom (including a bath). I have a buildup of timber joists / 22mm ply / 25mm thermal rockwool batts (with wet UFH pipes running through them). I would appreciate any suggestions on what layer to add next to create enough rigidty to lay tiles. I appreciate that trying...
Replies
Views
Tiling Courses
Workwear for Tradesmen
Mapei Tile Adhesive and Grout
uHeat
The Wetroom Store for all Wetroom Installations
Nicobond Tile Adhesives and Grout

Latest 10

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, formerly known as TilersForums.co.uk.

Search Forum