Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2013 - Which Tile Adhesive Did You Use Most? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Which Tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ Did You Use Most During 2013?

Please vote on the Poll. All answers can be seen by the members.

If you used a brand not showing then please respond with the make.

It might be due to trust, availability, customer preference, whatever. Just if you totted up the lot you used, which one did you use and buy the most of ?...

This is for 2013 only

ALL TILE https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ POLLS - WHICH TILE ADHESIVE BRAND DO YOU USE THE MOST?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

Rookery

Still Mapei for me. Good quality, reliability and useability. Use some Weber too though not their grout. BAL has always been good but just too dear.

peteablard

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Weber for me. Had been struggling to get it locally but now 2 CTD's have opened locally, one only 5 mins from my house. Happy days!

OP
I

Ian

What a massive difference from last year already, and there's only been 100 votes so far. Tilemaster will be top next year I reckon, a few more retailers around the UK and the sales will rapidly increase.

OP
I

Ian

I'm surprised to see BAL so low, I know loads have switched to Weber, Mapei and clearly Tilemaster too these days but I thought there would still be more hardcore BAL fans than there appears to be so far. :-/

Problem with BAL Dan, there is no doubt that their products are amongst the best on offer but, there are now 2 or 3 other manufacturers who's products are of equal quality (if not better in some cases), for a massively reduced price. What BAL need to realise is that we all run small/medium sized tile businesses and cost of materials is of the utmost importance. Many people have had to reduce their costs in order to be competitive, and manufacturers such as Weber, Tilemaster and Mapei are producing excellent quality products at a lower price to BAL. They are trying to keep their prices high based purely on reputation, in my opinion, and it isn't working, as this poll is showing. If we had a similar poll for grout manufacturers used this year, they wouldn't be in the top 3 of that either. In my opinion, anyone who is using BAL for all their tile material is throwing money down the drain and costing themselves hard earned profit. Harsh? Maybe, true? Definitely.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I hear you pal. I really thought there would be more than 6% (so far) that use BAL though. Just due to their good ole loyals that go way back. Just a bit shocked to see such a drop.

You're right though mate, price needs to be fair, and the "pay for what you get" thing can only last so long with cement and additives I guess. Loads make awesome adhesives. I dare say some of the others with low votes are equal to the top guys, but just have less marketing clout and / or people on forums etc etc.

OP
J

jeth01

Just noticed that Python Adhesives are not on there. Best https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ by far.

OP
D

diferentshades

Being a newbie and having only tiled my bathroom, I vote for dunlop. I tried topps own brand powdered, but seemed to take an age drying, bal just didn't seem as smooth or pleasant to work with.
the dunlop on the other hand seemed to have a more open time, better workability and the price was pretty decent from selco.
just want to say thanks for all the advice I got from this site regarding my bathroom and shower tanking project, will update with pics soon.

OP
C

cm ceramics

Still use mapei products. Never really branched out and tried anything else tho as I've always been impressed with their quality !!

OP
C

Clydesider

I'm in my first year as a Tiler, so still 'feeling my way'. First dozen jobs done, all in Webber and no problems with it. Played 'second fiddle' to another Tiler last week who was using, and swears by, ' Palace', but that's not had one vote yet !

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2013 - Which Tile Adhesive Did You Use Most? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock