Discuss This is really Poor setting out isn't it? in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

Hezzie

-
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking this setting out is awful? He's also fitted plasterboard to the dry areas of the bathroom, I insisted in him putting Hardiebacker around the shower/bath and I tanked it. But we're not happy with it at all.

The cuts are obviously bad.

Thanks.

Attachments

• This is really Poor setting out isn't it? | TilersForums.com Filename: {userid}
    20220620_221730.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 42
  • This is really Poor setting out isn't it? | TilersForums.com Filename: {userid}
    20220620_221722.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 41
    20220620_221717.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 40
    20220620_221709.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 37
    20220620_221655.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 39
    20220620_221617.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 42
    20220620_221629.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 42
    20220620_221643.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 42

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Hard to tell about the setting out issue from those pictures. The cuts into the trim are awful and that tile has to be replaced which they've overcut onto (next to the trim). Maybe a photo further back of the whole room will help us to see the reason for the setting out

Hobnob

-
Reaction score
The idea of a cement board for wet areas is that it will be impervious to water and therefore not breakdown should water ingress happen so tanking is not necessary unless they are poorly instaled.

Aside from the poor cutting, I’m interested to see how he deals with the slither cut at the top of the window as there isn’t a lot of room to pack the window header out….I hope you haven’t chosen a dark grout colour.

All advertising can be removed by subscribing.
This ad should no cover content, please click this contact us with a screen print if it does.

Trigger

Arms
Reaction score
Cuts are atrocious. As above regarding lay out, difficult to say with out seeing the room as a whole. When setting out there are a number of obstacles you need to factor in, you need to have cuts at the perimeters, around windows, doors, baths, trays, shower valves etc. Sometimes it doesn't work out as you would like it to and you go with the least worst option. They are at least trying to get the brick effect to follow around the room.

Plasterboard is only a problem if it is likely to get wet, moisture resistant would be preferred.

Reply to This is really Poor setting out isn't it? in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com