Discuss Thinset, efflorescence in the US Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Reaction score
I have an exterior breezeway tile project. We are using schluter ditra as a water barrier and mainly as crack isolation. It’s secured to the concrete substrate with schluter All Set. The tiles are Arto Artillo. I’m trying to minimize the possibilities of efflorescence. Are there thin sets which don’t contribute to efflorescence? I know there are calcium aluminate base grouts which help reduce this risk.

Grouting - we’ll be using a heavey sanded gray gray grout, traditional approach to Spanish tiles. Is there a calcium aluminate grout with large grain sizes or is there a recipe someone has used in this regard? Grout lines will be approx. 1/2 to 5/8”

Attachments

• Thinset, efflorescence | TilersForums.com Filename: {userid}
    5B8470A5-CA82-4A4A-AF41-666AC7E30BD7.jpeg
    822.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Thinset, efflorescence | TilersForums.com Filename: {userid}
    6AB7778C-76D4-4BF5-81B0-B12DB8DAC31C.jpeg
    593.2 KB · Views: 0

Reply to Thinset, efflorescence in the US Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com