Discuss Thinking of buying Gemini eagle polished porcelain from CTD in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

angie7777777

Hi
I am thinking of buying these tiles from CTD, in the brochure it says sealing recommended, the guy in the shop also said to seal them, when i mentioned this to our tiler he said they didnt need sealing
Has anybody used these before without sealing, would love some advice please before I go ahead and buy these as they are quite expensive.
Am using them for shower room and also utility floor.
Thanks in advance Angie:hurray:

S

Sean SML Tiling

If your paying alot for tiles and its recommended to seal then seal. At least your mind is at rest

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: I've dealt with Ctd for 38 years (before they were Ctd ) and if they recommend sealing then seal !
However I've fixed these tiles on many occasions and have never felt they needed it previously . I believe they are Chinese but thought they were well polished to close the micro pores on the surface. So they may have had issues or it's now common practice for them to be sealed . In this instance I can understand your tilers comments but it's the supplier who advice you need to follow. However it is a simple process to undertake after completion so it's not a show stopper!

D

DHTiling

I have installed loads of mtrs of Eagle and CTD must have changed their minds , as Eagle never used to need sealing.. :)

T

Time's Ran Out

Can confirm CTD do recommend the sealing of the Eagle range polished porcelain and have done for a couple of years. They had an issue with 2 cases of black grout staining the edges of an ivory tile installation! And so they have deemed it necessary to warn of the need to protect all concerned.

Reaction score
Sounds very similar to why we sudgest sealing our Lounge range......got to ask thou......who in the right mind uses black/charcoal grout on a Ivory Tile!!!

Reply to Thinking of buying Gemini eagle polished porcelain from CTD in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks