Discuss Thick grout line behind trim tile in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
We had a new tile shower installed with an oil rubbed bronze liner/pencil as the trim tile around the wall tile. The problem is the installer applied a 1/4 inch of line of grout between the liner and the wall. Although the grout is a dark color, it is not as dark as the liner and looks bad. I was expecting the liner to lay flat against the wall and not sit away from the wall. The installer did not explain any of this until it was too late. Also, he left some of the waterproofing material on the adjacent drywall with thinset on it that he did not clean off. When I asked him about it, he said he would cut it away when he was done but left before he did so. He still has to caulk in the corners. Also, he had a ragged cut in one corner of the niche that he then filed down and filled with grout. Can he replace this tile without compromising the waterproofing integrity of the material behind the wall and causing further damage to adjajcent tile? I have not paid him his final payment. The rest of the tile work is good.

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
We had a new tile shower installed with an oil rubbed bronze liner/pencil as the trim tile around the wall tile. The problem is the installer applied a 1/4 inch of line of grout between the liner and the wall. Although the grout is a dark color, it is not as dark as the liner and looks bad. I was expecting the liner to lay flat against the wall and not sit away from the wall. The installer did not explain any of this until it was too late. Also, he left some of the waterproofing material on the adjacent drywall with thinset on it that he did not clean off. When I asked him about it, he said he would cut it away when he was done but left before he did so. He still has to caulk in the corners. Also, he had a ragged cut in one corner of the niche that he then filed down and filled with grout. Can he replace this tile without compromising the waterproofing integrity of the material behind the wall and causing further damage to adjajcent tile? I have not paid him his final payment. The rest of the tile work is good.
Send us a picture

Reply to Thick grout line behind trim tile in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks