• Thread starter Highlander
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 3K
  • usa

Discuss The Hidden Danger in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

Highlander

Was chatting to a Health Safety guy today and we got on about asbestos and the big campaign thats out. Just found the link worth having a look as I have worked in a good few places that there has been asbestos and normally I have found out after I have ripped things out.

Take a look might make you a bit more aware of the hidden killer.

Asbestos - The hidden killer - Campaign

Gary

D

DHTiling

Cheers gary......:whatchutalkingabout..and how many vinyl floors tiles have us old school tilers removed...:huh2:

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
theres a advert running on the radio just now about the dangers of asbestos and its saying over a dozen tradesman a week are dying of its effects, makes you think doesnt it..

G

Gazzer

The statistics are frightening... more people die each year from asbestosis than car crashes . A sobering thought !

G

grumpygrouter

I received the very same info through the post in a health and safety pack on Saturday.

W

White Room

Bit of a reality check, Can't even remember how many old propertys I've worked in. If you ever discover that you have aspestos related desease there are solicitors that specialize, You have 3 years after the discovery to register.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mickbull

CTD are also backing the asbestos campaign, if you pop into your local branch there should be a information pack available for you to take away!!

If not PM me and i'll send you one out!

Mick

G

Gazzer

CTD are also backing the asbestos campaign, if you pop into your local branch there should be a information pack available for you to take away!!

If not PM me and i'll send you one out!

Mick

Yes that where i got my info pack from....The Kings Norton, Birmingham branch...you know the ones who wont come and play on here and tell us about the special offers :grin:

S

sWe

Asbestos was outlawed in Sweden in the late seventies, but it was used ALOT before it was outlawed, so anything which was built before ´79 has to be checked for asbestos. It's a ***** when the tests come back positive. I won't touch the stuff, and the guys who remove it have to be licensed. Spacesuits galore.

M

malcolml

we have info packs at the branch free to good home come and visit us for a must read info-pack:hurray:

Reply to The Hidden Danger in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks