Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss The David Howe Tiling Daily News. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Just a little tile industry news page.. The David Howe tile Daily

A few have these.. colour republic does as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

Stewart

Been thinking of doing one of these for a while to post on twitter, but never seem to have the time.....

OP
U

user123

I've just joined Twitter today and am still learning ........ I like the photosharing option and that online paper, got potential, I think? Too early to judge...

OP
U

user123

Nice one G.... What's your name and I'll follow?

GiselaGibbon Mosaics :) actually, not knowing too much about how twitter works, would you please search for Gisela Gibbon and then see if I come up and let me know? I'm also experimenting with privacy settings...Thanks, I'll follow you, too!

This could turn into a very strange conversation... :lol:

OP
U

user123

There are two others , search and see

Sent from my iPhone

two others what? Ah got'ya, yes a Gisela Gibbons, (note the s) and Gisela Perez Gibbon, we were facebook 'friends for a short while, because of the name, but she is a seriously heavy dude young woman, from Brazil, her profile photo herself holding a pistol against her head and some heavy anarchy and political stuff going on, there's only one ME :)

OP
C

Colour Republic

Been thinking of doing one of these for a while to post on twitter, but never seem to have the time.....

It's really quite simple Stewart, you create a twitter list and in that list put your favorite tweeters that constantly blog decent content you are interested in or your followers might be interested in, the software then automatically creates a virtual newspaper. there are a few settings that you can play with (I do mean to do a bit more work to maine as it goes) then once a day or once a week it will 'publish' it.

It's good for your followers or just for your own sake to make reading twitter a bit easier as it's easy to miss good stories unless you go trailing back through the days tweets

OP
U

user123

It's really quite simple Stewart, you create a twitter list and in that list put your favorite tweeters that constantly blog decent content you are interested in or your followers might be interested in, the software then automatically creates a virtual newspaper. there are a few settings that you can play with (I do mean to do a bit more work to maine as it goes) then once a day or once a week it will 'publish' it.

It's good for your followers or just for your own sake to make reading twitter a bit easier as it's easy to miss good stories unless you go trailing back through the days tweets

Brilliant, thanks Rob, I hadn't go that far yet, you explained it perfectly... I noticed the facility to make a list earlier, now I know where I should be heading with this, brilliant :thumbsup:

OP
C

Colour Republic

Ahhh maybe I didn't explain it that perfectly then :lol: I forgot a vital bit of info! You also need a paper.li account which you then tell to look at the list you set up on twitter to do the virtual newspaper thing.

But lists can be used for all sorts of things but is mostly used for housekeeping, for instance create a list called 'tiles' then add all the people that are in the industry to that list, then create another list called 'artists' and put all your fancy friends in there... Now when you click on the lists it will filter out everyone else apart from the people in that list making it easier to follow their tweets. It should be noted that you can put people in more than one list, for example I could be listed under 'most amazing people in the world' or 'most handsome man on the planet' you may also want to list me under 'delusional' but that's your call

OP
U

user123

Ahhh maybe I didn't explain it that perfectly then :lol: I forgot a vital bit of info! You also need a paper.li account which you then tell to look at the list you set up on twitter to do the virtual newspaper thing.

But lists can be used for all sorts of things but is mostly used for housekeeping, for instance create a list called 'tiles' then add all the people that are in the industry to that list, then create another list called 'artists' and put all your fancy friends in there... Now when you click on the lists it will filter out everyone else apart from the people in that list making it easier to follow their tweets. It should be noted that you can put people in more than one list, for example I could be listed under 'most amazing people in the world' or 'most handsome man on the planet' you may also want to list me under 'delusional' but that's your call

I understood about having to get the paper first, got a good friend who told me about that :) so, your explanation was perfect for me after all. :lol:, I understood the principles that follow. I am planning to make various lists, hmmm 'supermen', now, hadn't thought of that one before, but I might now! :lol: Now please tell me that my lists are private - or aren't they? :lol:

Reply to The David Howe Tiling Daily News. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock