Discuss The Boxford Mosaics in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Just Rizzle

_108552908_dsc06821.jpg

will any of our work be here in 2000 yrs time.
just read a bout the roman mosaic uncovered in Boxford Berkshire INC-READABLE in themail online

_108553339_de43.jpg

_108553337_de32.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Think I posted some pics from a Paphos trip a few years ago that were from thousand or so years ago. Roman empire time I think. So not as old as those.

I doubt the active ingredients in our adhesives will last 100 years these days...?

T

Time's Ran Out

I hope they don’t!
I want some repeat business and as we work in the fashion department of the construction industry the renewal cycle can be as little as 6-8 years.
The consumer society have trends turning around very quickly and that’s why I try not to throw anything away.
However I have yet to be invited back to any geometric floor to redo in a new design or update in a large format tiles.
So there is a possibility that some tiling remains ‘timeless’!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently these have been known for years

But the ones reported about the other day seem to be some rare ones. One of three or something?

Here is a more normal source than the mail lol

Trying to find some pictures.
[automerge]1567442838[/automerge]
Found some and added them to your first post. I'll update the blog post I'm converted your post to so that we can get some more information about them and make a bit of an archive of info for those searching about them perhaps.

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just been quickly looking at this some more and I think I'm right in saying they were only a few feet below the surface level?

1567521565899.png

And it looks like a farmed field. With tractors going over it however often they do that. And it has managed to survive all that?! That's amazing really.

If you look at that bloke bottom right, it's about up to his waste maybe? Given a bit of grass that's been shifted too?

Need get time-team on it with their scanners and things. Bet there are more somewhere there.

Reply to The Boxford Mosaics in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks