Discuss Terracotta Brick Tiles in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

rj1884

good morning all.

Just been to look at a job where the client has chosen to use a tile from fired Earth called Lubelska brick tile which from what I can gather are reclaimed brick tile similar to a terracotta tile. My question is with regards to the prep work. The substrate is old existing screed which will be self levelled to cover the lumps and bumps from the old adehesive. Once that's done what would you guys recommend, would there be any need for Ditra or could going onto the levelling be ok. I'm not going to lie there are a few cracks in the existing floor but nothing bad.

Many thanks in advance

L

lizzardtong

Its a brick so i wouldnt bother with latexing i would bed it in mortar so you would get away with high spots.

L

lizzardtong

Not really. Its old screed so it should settle by now. But wait for others as the might have better suggestions.

Reaction score
If there are no cracks in the existing screed and no evidence of movement or subsidence then I wouldn't worry about a decoupling mat - however if in doubt then I would use Bal rapid mat or similar.

Reaction score
did some flooring grade bricks not so long ago-self levelled first then laid with a spf rapid and pointed.Sealed with a water based sealer-looks great

R

rj1884

Thanks for all your replies. I'm going to insist on levelling the floor to give myself a fighting chance.

Reply to Terracotta Brick Tiles in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks