Discuss Tanking shower walls and sealing around the existing shower tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Spinny

-
Reaction score
I have just joined the forum and I'm hoping for some advice. I had a leak in my shower which now needs retiling. I have replaced the area of water damaged plasterboard with a sheet of aquapanel. The shower tray is remaining in place and I am now planning to tank/waterproof the three walls that make up the shower area above the 900mm tray. Firstly I would be grateful for advice on the best way of sealing the gap between the wall and the shower tray and secondly what tanking kit would you recommend.
Thank for your help

Reaction score
I would advise removing the tray to apply a flexible upstand (example classi seal plus) to the perimeter of the tray that abuts any wall. Then put the tray back in and bond the upstand to the wall. You can then add adhesive backed corner tape for any corners (or any change of plane) Then tank the walls (example aqua seal).
Read and Follow the instructions of both the upstand and tanking solution carefully.

Adam

Reaction score
I would seal the gap with stixall, tank the walls using solution. Use the tape in the vertical corners and at the base of the wall - running it 4/5mm onto the top of the tray, this will be covered by the tiles.

Reply to Tanking shower walls and sealing around the existing shower tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks