Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tanking kit from Bathstore in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
At last a large bathroom suppliers not related to tile has taken the step to introduce tanking kits. At the moment its supposed to be part of the walk in shower kit. Price wise im not too keen, its from PCI and costs £70 for the gum, tape and pipe covers and primer.

However maybe now this will throw more information at the customer prior to the rooms being tiled. They have 160 stores so this can only be a good thing IMO

OP
F

faithhealer

Doing a bathroom wall and the customer has turned the tanking option down because he doesn't see the 'need' for it. And I know it's not the 40 quid extra thats the problem!

OP
W

wetdec

Better if they had done their research and got a membrane system in rather than messing around with a paste. We all know at some stage there is going to be a regulation change and we will catch up with Europe, why dont these people look forward and put customers first rather than money.

Nothing worse than turning up on site and having to convince a customer there is a better system when they have already been sold................:mad2:

OP
S

Scott

Better if they had done their research and got a membrane system in rather than messing around with a paste. We all know at some stage there is going to be a regulation change and we will catch up with Europe, why dont these people look forward and put customers first rather than money.

Nothing worse than turning up on site and having to convince a customer there is a better system when they have already been sold................:mad2:

At least they are providing the information to the public, this can only be a good thing for us as its laying the foundation to the customer. They will also have an idea of the retail cost which means with our discounts we can provide it slightly cheaper.

Regarding Jays question i did make a call today and they do recommend a PCI addy to go with it. I questioned the use of other addys and they were a bit stumped as it was a different company to PCI that i was put through to

Reply to Tanking kit from Bathstore in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock