Discuss tanking hardibacker joints in shower area in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just seeking advice on wet area joints in hardibacker.
In a "dry" area I would normally fibatape then skim with addy.
Should i still do this and then tanking tape and then tank membrane over all?
Will this be a bit thick at the joints?
Or is it OK to just use tanking tape over joints in the wet area before the liquid membrane?

If anyone can offer an informed opinion on the best practice i would be grateful.

Regards

Neil Davenport

D

Dumbo

Also dont forget that 12mm Hardie need priming in all instances. not 6mm for some reason. (I believe)
I prime the hell out them anyway . Don't care what is said I don't think it reduces bonding strength significantly if at all.

Reply to tanking hardibacker joints in shower area in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks