Discuss tanking a shower/bath, which way round? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Reaction score
I'm about to start retiling my bathroom and have bought a Mapei tanking kit from screwfix.

The bath is decent quality Ideal Standard IFP+. Its has wall mounts for the corner and sides + legs and supports.

Is this the correct order..
1. tank the walls to below the level of the bath
2. fit the bath
3. tile the walls

The floor will be tiled to just under the edge of the bath.

20211115_194106.jpg

Reply to tanking a shower/bath, which way round? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Similar threads

Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a professional, but have done 4 homes completely down to the studs, including many many square feet of tiling floors, wall, ceiling, bathroom. I have a very difficult problem to diagnose. I have a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All Looking for a bit of advice if I may? I recently embarked on a project to replace the bath in the en-suite with a shower, but once the state of the flooring became apparent the project grew legs and the whole room got gutted! I have replaced all the OSB with 18mm ply, due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have some damaged plasterboard in a bathroom that needs repairing prior to being tiled. I have decided not to replace the plasterboard (due to the wall being Paramount partition board) and I don't plan to overboard it either (due to the bathroom being very tight on space). Photos are attached...
Replies
Views

Latest 10

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, formerly known as TilersForums.co.uk.

Search Forum