Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Taking on an apprentice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi All,

Does anybody have any experience of taking on an apprentice? I wonder is it worth doing? Firstly, an extra pair of hands would be useful, but also it would be nice to be able to help out and give someone the opportunity to learn a trade. Just wonder if anybody has done similar?
Cheers

Edd

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Edd,

That's lovely that you're considering it. I think the government are about to announce incentives for companies to take on people aged 16 - 25.

We've had a few members over the years take on apprentices. More common on our electrical forum as those guys get busy fast once they've established themselves. www.electriciansforums.net - Perhaps from an apprenticeship point of view, head over there and mention you're a tiler but Dan sent you over. They will be super clued up on what to do these days, and how it benefits you and your tax as a company etc.

There will be a right and wrong way to do it as with anything like this.

How long have you been going?

Thanks for posting. :)

OP
E

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the advice mate, I'll have a look on the electrical forum for sure.

I've only been going just over a year now, but i'm busy constantly and could do with an extra pair of hands. I think I would rather have the extra help with me rather than going through the hassle of up scaling and subbing work out and then dealing with the problems that'll come with that. I like dealing with the clients myself, going in, taking my time to do a good job and then moving onto the next one.

Also, I don't really need to earn a fortune out of it, but I would like to limit the pressure, which an extra pair of hands would help with. If combined with that, I could teach someone the basics of tile which I have learned and am still learning and have them learning alongside me, it might benefit them more than just financially. I'm relatively new to tile, but not to life / working and running a business, so it would be good to be able to share some knowledge with an apprentice and would help me too potentially.

I'll see what they say at the electrical forum buddy.

Cheers

Edd

C

Cameron

Hi edd, I know you posted this back in September time, but incase you are still looking for an apprentice, I am currently 22 years old and live in the Glasgow area and am very eager to learn the trade and start an apprenticeship, I’m happy for you to send me a message if you are still looking for one

If not or you already have someone then I totally understand

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the advice mate, I'll have a look on the electrical forum for sure.

I've only been going just over a year now, but i'm busy constantly and could do with an extra pair of hands. I think I would rather have the extra help with me rather than going through the hassle of up scaling and subbing work out and then dealing with the problems that'll come with that. I like dealing with the clients myself, going in, taking my time to do a good job and then moving onto the next one.

Also, I don't really need to earn a fortune out of it, but I would like to limit the pressure, which an extra pair of hands would help with. If combined with that, I could teach someone the basics of tile which I have learned and am still learning and have them learning alongside me, it might benefit them more than just financially. I'm relatively new to tile, but not to life / working and running a business, so it would be good to be able to share some knowledge with an apprentice and would help me too potentially.

I'll see what they say at the electrical forum buddy.

Cheers

Edd
Hi edd

My name is cameron, I’m 22 years old and I am very eager to get a trade under my belt and have been really wanted to get myself into an apprenticeship, I know this post is from September about you looking to take on an apprentice, I’m happy to get a private message if you would like to speak

if you aren’t interested or have an apprentice already I totally understand

thanks

Reply to Taking on an apprentice in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock