Discuss Suppliers of Victorian geometric tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I am looking to source some original/reproduction geometric tiles, I have found sites like original style etc but wondered if anyone on here had contacts or a good source of reclaimed floors that won’t normally be found by searching google.

I only need around 2sqm, it’s for my own house and it’s for a new floor so not trying to match existing.

Cheers chaps.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thank you for all your suggestions.
But after a bit of web searching the boss has decided she quite likes the Lily Pad tiles as seen lately on here.
Will be back for some advice on floor prep before fitting as it’s old quarry’s at the moment and I’m not sure what’s underneath yet.

W

Waluigi

Boggs, you know that Ca’Pietra are bringing out the lily pad in porcelain soon?

If you do go the cement lily pad route then fire away. I’m fresh from my research. One point to remember- the tiles are 16mm thick.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that they were.
The thickness is not a problem as the quarry’s that are there are about the same but I’m not sure what’s underneath them.
Also thought about some underfloor heating, probably give that DCM pro a whirl, as nowhere for a rad and it gets a bit chilly this time of year.
So thought latex level if needed, insulation, heating, latex again then tiles.
Might be worth waiting for the porcelain.

W

Waluigi

I would want to to see the porcelain compared to the cement. More colours in the Porc but there’s something about the real deal that’s a bit nicer IMHO. I have more bathrooms booked in with the cement lily pad denim and marine colours.

Check the price out too. £100PSM approx from memory.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah they are pricey but it’s just over 2sqm so not too bad.
That’s the thing, house is 1910 build so would prefer the cement version as trying to reinstate a bit of character in a house that has been stripped over the years.

Reply to Suppliers of Victorian geometric tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks