Porcelain Subfloor

Discuss Subfloor in the Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

Reaction score
Hi all, after some advice way in advance. We are currently extending arvoss
Backnof our house, we have about 40sqm of block and beam on insulation that will be liquid screed. Then when we knock through the existing is timber suspended floor (currently floorboards).we wanted to use porcelain tiles but Firstly I have the problem of two different substrates. if I take the floorboards up to insulate in between joists and lay ufh, I was thinking what’s best to lay back down to tile onto without having to add any extra thickness over the new screed floor if that makes sense? I was thinking of using ply and the could i lay ditra mat over the whole area? Would this be ok? Are there better/alternatives. Why I am at this stage I can consider any option.
Thanks in advance ryan

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Please contribute to this thread if you have any new information or can even just reiterate what has been said already. :)
Hi all, after some advice way in advance. We are currently extending arvoss
Backnof our house, we have about 40sqm of block and beam on insulation that will be liquid screed. Then when we knock through the existing is timber suspended floor (currently floorboards).we wanted to use porcelain tiles but Firstly I have the problem of two different substrates. if I take the floorboards up to insulate in between joists and lay ufh, I was thinking what’s best to lay back down to tile onto without having to add any extra thickness over the new screed floor if that makes sense? I was thinking of using ply and the could i lay ditra mat over the whole area? Would this be ok? Are there better/alternatives. Why I am at this stage I can consider any option.
Thanks in advance ryan
Ply would be fine as long as it is thick enough !! And the joists are not bouncing or flexing ! And where the joins between the two substrates meet !you can use a expansion joint trim to allow for movement ! But really you need very thick ply

Reply to Subfloor in the Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com