Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Stubborn cement on bricks in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Morning,
Just put clay brick tiles on a wall.was advised by builder to grout with sand and cement. I can't remove the dull after of cement from the brick. Tried a mortar remover but still not getting the expected colours from the brick. Any ideas

OP
M
Reaction score
Pics attached dave thanks for your help. Seems to be a white kinda dried out look stopping the brick colour come through mate.

Attachments

• 16403495917578592552407454524399.jpg
    16403495917578592552407454524399.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
You need muriatic acid (brick acid), it's strong stuff so be careful- full ppe. You can't get any mortar on brick as it'll soak in, so no cleaning with a wet sponge or anything.

The mortar remover if it's what I think is only for whilst everything is wet- which isn't much use in this scenario as you can't tell it's an issue until dry!

Reaction score
You need muriatic acid (brick acid), it's strong stuff so be careful- full ppe. You can't get any mortar on brick as it'll soak in, so no cleaning with a wet sponge or anything.

The mortar remover if it's what I think is only for whilst everything is wet- which isn't much use in this scenario as you can't tell it's an issue until dry!
Installation guide for brick slips- How to Install Brick Slips - https://www.bricktilecompany.com/news/how-to-install

Reaction score
I’ve done brick-slip pointing before, and one rule is to spray and wet the slips before hand. I also injected the mortar into the joints and finished it off with a small trowel. It’s different to pointing outdoor bricks. Because they aren’t bricks. They are brick-slips. Another builder out of his depth!
Check my gallery out…

Reply to Stubborn cement on bricks in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock