Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Struggling to cut porcelain tiles with Sigma 3D2 in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

I've tried cutting my first porcelain floor tile with the sigma cutter - it failed miserably. I've got a bucket full of curved cuts from a single 600x600 porcelanosa VENIS tile. Maybe 2 cuts oout of the 10 I tried worked.

Before I go and hire a bridge saw for the weekend, have any of you sigma users got any advice or tips? I've tried light scoring, heavy scoring, double scoring etc.

In contrast, it cuts ceramic with ease. I could even ease the crack up the tiles. In contrast the porcelain tile has no give at all....

Reaction score
Just a post script to add to my post above, now that I actually have my Sigma Max and have been using it: if you look at the image I posted above in the inset detail you will see a small raised square on the side of the runner - when you adjust the rail you simply get that section adjacent to the top of the rail - that corresponds to the 5-7mm spacing and no physical measurement is necessary, it's all done visually by aligning to that square (obviously you have a 'window' to accommodate the 5-7 range and can fine adjust this as you see fit while cutting your particular type of tile)

I have to say this Sigma is fabulous - a single score gives a perfect break on my hard Porcelain floor tiles - extremely clean edge! Really impressed with this cutter.

OP
D

Dumbo

Just a post script to add to my post above, now that I actually have my Sigma Max and have been using it: if you look at the image I posted above in the inset detail you will see a small raised square on the side of the runner - when you adjust the rail you simply get that section adjacent to the top of the rail - that corresponds to the 5-7mm spacing and no physical measurement is necessary, it's all done visually by aligning to that square (obviously you have a 'window' to accommodate the 5-7 range and can fine adjust this as you see fit while cutting your particular type of tile)

I have to say this Sigma is fabulous - a single score gives a perfect break on my hard Porcelain floor tiles - extremely clean edge! Really impressed with this cutter.
Some tiles just won't cut any sense though , I am using some at the moment , I've done them before no problem , but this batch each one has to be cut with a grinder

Reply to Struggling to cut porcelain tiles with Sigma 3D2 in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock