Discuss Strong adhesive to fix plastic fan casing to porcelain tiles in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Our fan extractor has previously been attached to porcelain tiles in bathroom using adhesive but came away this morning. I did not put this up.

Whatever adhesive was used it stuck well to tiles but not the plastic and has come away from the casing. Can anyone recommend a good strong adhesive that will fix the plastic casing to the porcelain tiles? BTW I'm not a tiler or anything, just a homeowner.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This is an American user. :)

Can you show us a picture of your problem by any chance?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Our fan extractor has previously been attached to porcelain tiles in bathroom using adhesive but came away this morning. I did not put this up.

Whatever adhesive was used it stuck well to tiles but not the plastic and has come away from the casing. Can anyone recommend a good strong adhesive that will fix the plastic casing to the porcelain tiles? BTW I'm not a tiler or anything, just a homeowner.

Any help would be much appreciated.

liquid nails. Can be bought from your local walmart or amazon.com

Reaction score
Thanks all for comments, I went with CT1 in the end as two people suggested this. To date has worked an absolute treat. What a find, shame neither Screwfix or Toolstation sell it.

Reaction score
bit late now,
but this stuff is amazingly strong, and cheap.
idealseal-auto-marine-polyurethane sealant adhesive @ £3.95 a tube.
i use it mainly in and around my koi pond, it bonds virtually anything. and sets hard like rubber.
...just dont get it on your hands... ;)

either this or idealseal ms290... for use in the wet/underwater £4.95 a tube

Reply to Strong adhesive to fix plastic fan casing to porcelain tiles in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks