Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sticking Pvc to tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

G

GoneGuy

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Last steam room I did , tiled the curved ceiling with mosaics . Maybe you should consider over boarding your ceiling with jackoboard , seal only the joints and screw holes and then tile it .
That would last longer than pvc panels

Wayne Brown

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Fix a j trim around the perimeter stick with low modulus silicone and fix through the tongue with stainless steel staples . Kop

OP
W
Reaction score
The cladding I am using can be used in steam room up to 60°. Can use silicone on it but they won't say if it will stick to the tanking.so going to try stick like rubbish,see how I get on.its more shower room than steam,I have all the bits for steam so thought I would put them in while I'm at it.

W

Waluigi

Do you have a data sheet for the cladding?

There are some things that sticks like S**t should not be used on.

W

Waluigi

Might be best to double check the side of the cladding you’re bonding to doesn’t contain these:-

9B9911A5-B89D-4BA4-B2E8-CA031710001C.jpeg

It was touched on earlier but I’d definitely do a test piece and hold it above a kettle or something :tearsofjoy:

.......Or over a simmering saucepan

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I haven't tried this in this situation, but if you Google a product called CT1 it sticks pretty much anything to anything. I would suggest giving them a call for advice on compatability.

Reply to Sticking Pvc to tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock