Discuss START: New Job Of The Month Contest - 9/2019 in the Job Of The Month Discussion Forum area at TilersForums.com

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,789 31
What member type are you?
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
TilersForums.com members, I'm pleased to say a new new Job Of The Month 9/2019 contest has just started, you can submit your job picture to this months dedicated album page.

You have 28 days to submit your job picture, only 1 job picture can be added to the actual JOTM album, so you will need put a link in the description of that uploaded picture to either your album where the rest of the pictures are, or a thread in the forum that you've discussed the job. Just like it used to be.

Once all submissions are in, members will have just 21 days to vote for the job entry they like the most.

Winners will get a forum badge showing others they have won a JOTM. And JOTM Winners get entry into an annual JOTY contest for us to find the overall winner for the year.

Good luck to everyone !
TilersForums.com :)

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,789 31
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anybody submitting?

We can use this start thread as a support thread.

It's a new way we're doing it, so if anybody needs a hand, let us know.

HOW TO SUBMIT
Basically:-
  • Create a thread of your own somewhere in a public forum or create an album in the media section of the forum and add your pictures to that
  • Choose one image from the job and upload it to the JOTM album, linked to above
  • In the description of that image, link to the thread or album containing the rest of the images (this is a way for people to scan over the full job and see for themselves what was involved
The prizes are a Maikita DAB site radio provided by the lovely guys at @FIXRADIO a £50 amazon voucher from TilersForums.com :) And of course the new smart JOTM badge that goes over your avatar rather than it being a tag.
Post automatically merged:

This is the album page: Job Of The Month 9/2019 - https://www.tilersforums.com/media/albums/job-of-the-month-9-2019.1662/

Add your image to that.

I'll help @antonio link to a thread with the rest of the pictures in. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

antonio

TF
Esteemed
Piastrellista Italiano
Arms
Advent Win
Reactions
23,264 61
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Anybody submitting?

We can use this start thread as a support thread.

It's a new way we're doing it, so if anybody needs a hand, let us know.

HOW TO SUBMIT
Basically:-
  • Create a thread of your own somewhere in a public forum or create an album in the media section of the forum and add your pictures to that
  • Choose one image from the job and upload it to the JOTM album, linked to above
  • In the description of that image, link to the thread or album containing the rest of the images (this is a way for people to scan over the full job and see for themselves what was involved
The prizes are being negotiated, but at least include a £50 amazon voucher from TilersForums.com :) And of course the new smart JOTM badge that goes over your avatar rather than it being a tag.

This is the album page: Job Of The Month 9/2019 - https://www.tilersforums.com/media/albums/job-of-the-month-9-2019.1662/

Add your image to that.

I'll help @antonio link to a thread with the rest of the pictures in. :D
mine is already inserted
do i only see it?

Screenshot (16).png

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,789 31
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
mine is already inserted
do i only see it?

View attachment 109554
We need a thread creating, with lots of pictures in it, or a media album, with lots of pictures in it. So we can see the complete job from a few different angles and things.

Maybe also a paragraph about the job. What struggles you had if any. Thank kinda thing.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,789 31
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,789 31
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Okay so we have 5 submissions so far. And a few more waiting to add a couple of details. Hopefully they will be able to add their bits before the end of the month when submissions close.

The 5 we have so far each have one image in the JOTM album: Job Of The Month 9/2019 - https://www.tilersforums.com/media/albums/job-of-the-month-9-2019.1662/

Then each of those have a link in their description, to the actual job threads. But those wont become available to see until voting starts. :)

If anybody would like to join them in submitting a job, you have time until the end of the month. It might be the 28th when the JOTM entries close. Then voting starts for 14 or 21 days. Can't remember what I set it at. But it will post a thread to remind us before it closes and whatnot. :)

You can subscribe to this forum category that this thread is in, to get notified via email and / or forum alert (and push notifications if you you any device but Apple iOS) when a new thread is posted, or a new post in a thread. You get to choose. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,789 31
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Boom - 9 Entries now

G'wan lads!

One from a member who's never posted on the forum before. Just wants the radio I think. :D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,789 31
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Oooo - So you might have seen "Voting Now Allowed" threads just get posted. Those were from the test runs, and didn't include the actual JOTM album.

Butttttt, it enabled me to run a test on voting. And it's all going to work just fine. :)

3_fall

Admin
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
26,932 92 2
When results are in, will you be able to see who voted for what?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,789 31
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Yeah. Pretty sure we are.

When I voted for my own job!!! (that seems possible and will need to be altered!!!! lol) I got a notification telling me I did so. And linked me to my job (picture).

So it needs tweaking. But it needs to run before I can.

Clearly it's still equal. Everybody has a choice to vote for their own. And it's just one vote. I'm hoping to push it and get 100 votes over the 9 or so entries. So it's not that skewed. And brownie points go to those who vote for somebody else's whilst they had the option to vote for their own. It wont go unnoticed if they do that. :)

3_fall

Admin
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
26,932 92 2
Kool, it’s totally transparent then, if everyone can see everyone’s choice, stops Chinese whispers I think. 😊👍

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,789 31
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
90% sure its open mate.

Though 'voting circles' (let's call 'em) wont always be easy to clock anyway. But those voting for each others in each JOTM will just end up getting blocked from voting so they need mix it up well if they are doing that. Else it'll just backfire.

It's gonna take a couple of runs to get all the settings perfect. So I can't really guarantee anything to be honest though! - We'll get there though. :)

3_fall

Admin
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
26,932 92 2
Do you know what Dan, ‘voting circles’ wasn’t in my head til you mentioned it.
It was just to show members it was all totally open and fair.
There’s not always a conspiracy you know! Haha
Too much aggro if you ask me. 😁

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,789 31
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
We've seen it all over the years mate. Especially when cutters are up for grabs and stuff.

It's a shame I have to consider stuff like that when introducing features on the forums.

Just added a 'winner' reaction which adds three points not just one. And it will get abused by somebody one day. So I'd rather not dish it out to everybody all at one time. And that's a bloody shame. A shame for the genuine ones having it restricted against them, because some plonker once used something wrong with some other feature years back.

I never meant anybody as such would now setup some voting plan. But if I ever clock it, I'll stop them from being able to do it again I promise. And that's what'll give the JOTM some actual good credit. :)

3_fall

Admin
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
26,932 92 2
We've seen it all over the years mate. Especially when cutters are up for grabs and stuff.

It's a shame I have to consider stuff like that when introducing features on the forums.

Just added a 'winner' reaction which adds three points not just one. And it will get abused by somebody one day. So I'd rather not dish it out to everybody all at one time. And that's a bloody shame. A shame for the genuine ones having it restricted against them, because some plonker once used something wrong with some other feature years back.

I never meant anybody as such would now setup some voting plan. But if I ever clock it, I'll stop them from being able to do it again I promise. And that's what'll give the JOTM some actual good credit. :)
Is that two threads in one :arrowup: :arrowup::arrowup:
You’re talking about adding winners tag in sparks forum, yeah? Not here!

Reply to START: New Job Of The Month Contest - 9/2019 in the Job Of The Month Discussion Forum area at TilersForums.com

Click here to support the forum/remove ads
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.