Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Stains on quartz in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all
my wife decided to clean the oven today with " oven pride". You put the shelves and trays in a bag with the chemical for 24 hours and, hey presto you have gleaming shelves!
trouble is, during the night the bag leaked slightly and when removing the shelves she dripped some of the residue across the work top!
This has left a stain on one part and some lines where it drizzled. ( see pics)
I'm wondering if this will have impregnated the quartz, or just the surface.
Do you think it will wet polish out, or is it bugxxred. I have a makita polisher, but don't have any pads for this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 40
OP
Chalker

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It's work top mate.
3m long each way, so will cost a fortune if its to replace.
excuse the mess!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 44
C

Concrete guy

Hello Paul.

Your post explains the order we've had from you on our website over the weekend for engineered stone polishing pads.

You've got a chemical reaction between whatever nasties are in "oven pride" and the resin element of the quartz.

Before polishing anything, clean the top with neat acetone (nail varnish remover) this is what the factories use to remove minor marks during production. Allow it to dry and see if the appearance changes.

You've ordered the correct pads, but surface polishing quartz is not easy. Don't jump in too harsh, I'd suggest starting at 400 grit and working up to 3000. That might be enough to solve the problem, if it's not you'll have to drop to 200 and try again.

Don't dwell in one spot too long and use as much water as is practical.

In fact, phone me on Monday during the day before we ship your order. I'll have a chat with you about this first.

OP
Chalker

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hello Paul.

Your post explains the order we've had from you on our website over the weekend for engineered stone polishing pads.

You've got a chemical reaction between whatever nasties are in "oven pride" and the resin element of the quartz.

Before polishing anything, clean the top with neat acetone (nail varnish remover) this is what the factories use to remove minor marks during production. Allow it to dry and see if the appearance changes.

You've ordered the correct pads, but surface polishing quartz is not easy. Don't jump in too harsh, I'd suggest starting at 400 grit and working up to 3000. That might be enough to solve the problem, if it's not you'll have to drop to 200 and try again.

Don't dwell in one spot too long and use as much water as is practical.

In fact, phone me on Monday during the day before we ship your order. I'll have a chat with you about this first.
will do mate.
now that IS service!!

G

GMLpaul

Top advice from ATS and like's been said already use plenty of water! Good luck and it'd be good to see some photos during and after the repair too...

M

Maddie

Hi all
my wife decided to clean the oven today with " oven pride". You put the shelves and trays in a bag with the chemical for 24 hours and, hey presto you have gleaming shelves!
trouble is, during the night the bag leaked slightly and when removing the shelves she dripped some of the residue across the work top!
This has left a stain on one part and some lines where it drizzled. ( see pics)
I'm wondering if this will have impregnated the quartz, or just the surface.
Do you think it will wet polish out, or is it bugxxred. I have a makita polisher, but don't have any pads for this.

M

Maddie

Hi, I know this thread is 7 years old but hoping someone can help?

Did you manage to fix the problem and if so how?

I've did this to my worktop yesterday and absolutely gutted. Not even a year old and its ruined.

Really need some advice on this, if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it!!

Reply to Stains on quartz in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock