Discuss Staining wet room mosaic tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi. I am looking for a product recommendation of a black stain for unsealed mosaic wet room tiles. The tiles are black but as they were not sealed by the fitter over a year ago and have become discolored . No amount of cleaning will help restore them and I’m looking for a product that I can apply to both the grout and the tile to colour them black and then seal that is waterproof.

Attachments

• 5A66BA05-D293-4F0C-96B8-E9A038B2DC9B.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 22

Anthony

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi. I am looking for a product recommendation of a black stain for unsealed mosaic wet room tiles. The tiles are black but as they were not sealed by the fitter over a year ago and have become discolored . No amount of cleaning will help restore them and I’m looking for a product that I can apply to both the grout and the tile to colour them black and then seal that is waterproof.
Hi Chris. What makes you think they should of been sealed?

D

Deleted member 54066

I find this link very helpful Lithofinder - Lithofin - https://www.lithofin.com/en-gb/solutions/lithofinder
Very good products and my go to company for cleaning, sealing and maintenance.
Other companies are available with similar products but i haven't tried them.
You need to know exactly what your tile is made from, this should be available on topps website

D

Deleted member 54066

It was advice from Topps tiles who sold me the tiles who mentioned this when I went to them looking for advice long after the tiles were installed.
Hi Chris, sorry for the delay, but i have tried to help with an answer but sadly it's still awaiting mod approval (16hrs and counting)
If this happens on most post then no wonder its quite on here.

Reply to Staining wet room mosaic tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks