Discuss Staining on white porcelain floor tile in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

Qwerty

Afternoon all.

I have been contacted by a new customer who says they have a problem with a stain on a polished white porcelain floor tile.

They tell me the stain is from a terracotta dish they put on the floor for a dog drinking bowl, but it has left a nice brown stain on the tile which they have been unable to remove. They assure me it is not scratched at all, just stained and that the previous tiler never sealed them.

I haven't seen it yet but am wondering what you guys would try?

@Lithofin BOB .....any suggestions?

T

Tile Shop

I had a similar issue with staining on a black polished porcelain. For fear of giving the wrong advice i spoke to LTP who said an acidic cleaner like their grout stain remover can etch the tiles depending on how they'd been sealed at the factory. Something to do with the pigments breaking down and leaving a tarnished surface.

The advice i was given was a alkaline cleaner (ltp power stripper), but not 100% sure it would also apply to the white. Anyway the stripper worked a treat but needed resealing afterwards.

J

J Sid

wp_ss_20170430_0001.png

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
late as always!!! ;)
If Salt based contamination, test acidic, I would try a lighter product ceramic clean from us or similar , or if organic or greases, test a light alkaline , we have intensive cleaner as not to remove any factory impregnator or pigmentation. If still remains and a coloured stain , test a Mildew remover

Reply to Staining on white porcelain floor tile in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks