Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss stained grout & possible solutions to remedy the problem in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi there, about a few months ago I retiled the bathroom floor and used a flexible grey grout by granfix, since then small areas ie patches have become quite stained & look wet although I dont think they are wet, I am going to re grout the whole floor. I have used granfix before and had no problems. Could anyone suggest a good floor grout in grey that I could use or would you say that granfix is generally a good product.

Also after doing a bit of research I have come across a product called LTP grout & tile protector, which is a spray that seals the top of your grout & should stop stains, mould , grease etc from appearing. Has anyone used this product, is it any good as i think it may be useful as protection for all grouting jobs whether it be floors or walls.

cheers

OP
D

DHTiling

Was the grout ok after you tiled it...if so the grout might just need cleaning..?

OP
T

Terry Cottar

Hi there, about a few months ago I retiled the bathroom floor and used a flexible grey grout by granfix, since then small areas ie patches have become quite stained & look wet although I dont think they are wet, I am going to re grout the whole floor. I have used granfix before and had no problems. Could anyone suggest a good floor grout in grey that I could use or would you say that granfix is generally a good product.

Also after doing a bit of research I have come across a product called LTP grout & tile protector, which is a spray that seals the top of your grout & should stop stains, mould , grease etc from appearing. Has anyone used this product, is it any good as i think it may be useful as protection for all grouting jobs whether it be floors or walls.

cheers

Save yourself a lot of hassle and look at other routes first. 1. As Dave says above check that it does not just need cleaning. 2. If that fails you have two more routes prior to regrouting you can use a Aqua Mix Grout Colourant it will cost you around £22 and the floor will be done in an hour or so as you will have already done part one of the process and cleaned the grout or you can use an enhancing sealer such as Aqua Mix Enrich N Seal that will do two things it will darken the grout down to an even colour depending on how many coats you put on and seal the grout at the same time. Good Luck

tel

OP
T

tfs

Hi mate,

I am a fan of ltp however the grout pretocter realy just adds i little bit of extra protection (not much in my opinion). It can still be penetrated by chemicals, acids and syrups etc. Normal sealers are good enough e.g. glaze protectors and stone sealers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to stained grout & possible solutions to remedy the problem in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock