Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sponsorships In Queensland Australia in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Everyone
I run a tile company in Queensland Australia. I have 4 full time employees, two of whom are already on a 457 visa. This visa will allow the holder to become an Australian citizen after four years.
The company benefits include:
4 Weeks Holiday pay. Paid at 1.175%
2 Weeks Sick Leave
10 Days Public Holiday
Tavel Allowance
9.5% Superannuation
Mobile phone
Ongoing Company Training
Please note: This is not a training position. This position requires an experienced, competent wall and floor tiler.
You must be clean and tidy, able to work unsupervised and polite. There will of course be some gap training provided as part of the transition but essentially you must be a very good tiler.
The successful applicant will work under my licence. Applicants can send their resume to [email protected]

Take a look at where you could call home
Pictures of Brisbane - Take Our Virtual Tour - Brisbane Australia - http://www.brisbane-australia.com/brisbane-pictures.html

Last edited:
D

Dumbo

Great opportunity for someone . To work in Australia do tilers have to an official qualification before starting work there . If so is that something you can help with .
Would a British qualification count .
Generally speaking is it hard to find tilers in Australia

OP
R
Reaction score
Great opportunity for someone . To work in Australia do tilers have to an official qualification before starting work there . If so is that something you can help with .
Would a British qualification count .
Generally speaking is it hard to find tilers in Australia
Hi
No formal qualifications are required as you would work under my license. Tilers are generally a skill in demand but my clients are not generally affected by how the economy is performing, and so I am always busy

D

Dumbo

Hi
No formal qualifications are required as you would work under my license. Tilers are generally a skill in demand but my clients are not generally affected by how the economy is performing, and so I am always busy
So just a general query . Are you saying tilers need a qualification if they were say working for themselves . Because we had the discussion on this forum the other day about people not really knowing what they were doing and getting in over their heads and wether something should be done about it.
Thanks

D

df1777

I presumed you could move there with an nvq level 3 as my old tile teacher at college said you could. So I got mine so my options are open

OP
R
Reaction score
So just a general query . Are you saying tilers need a qualification if they were say working for themselves . Because we had the discussion on this forum the other day about people not really knowing what they were doing and getting in over their heads and wether something should be done about it.
Thanks
I will check the details regarding qualifications tomorrow with the agent. If you were to work for yourself then you would need a licence to do any work over $3,300. As far as not knowing what you are doing, this happens, but not in my company. There is always a discussion first, on any new job, and then ongoing communication especially with a new employee.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks

· UNIT GROUP 3334 WALL AND FLOOR TILERS

· Indicative Skill Level. Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.

ü In Australia: AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)

ü In New Zealand: NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

Registration or licensing may be required.

Reply to Sponsorships In Queensland Australia in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock