Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Split face tiles. . in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Has the customer asked you to put them in a wet area or mitre the corners? :mad:

OP
W

WetSaw

They're going behind a wood stove with internal mitres so not too bad but it's the first and last time I'm fitting them!

OP
W

WetSaw

The internal mitres are a challenge on them arent they!

How you manage to control your OCD with these things is beyond me. Bloody things are making me twitch but I'm getting the hang of plonking them up, a quick clean and leave it. Have to keep telling yourself they're not going to line up!

OP
Q

Qwerty

I had to go home & chastise myself after fitting the ones I did last :D

20190110_173101-jpg.103727

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've got the middle section of the below house to tile in split faced coming up :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: anyone got any better suggestions I could try to persuade the customer to go for
20181219_155020_HDR.jpg

OP
W

WetSaw

I've got the middle section of the below house to tile in split faced coming up :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: anyone got any better suggestions I could try to persuade the customer to go for
View attachment 104312

A porcelain imitation. When you tell them about the dust and dirt build up and ask them how they're going to clean them they'll be persuaded!

OP
W

WetSaw

The client came up with the idea of the listello to finish the egdes and I think it works quite well.

Reply to Split face tiles. . in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock