Discuss Split face porcelain in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Joshjupp

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Got these split face porcelain tiles to do tomorrow as a feature wall would you grout these or not they aren’t being used in a wet area thanks
AD749330-9926-4B94-AFF5-7E99DA9DC617.png
37781833-575F-49EE-8804-D72617228185.png

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I knew that wasn't yours :D

It might look much better ungrouted and staggered as you wont have that gap at the center where 4 meet when they are stacked. A grout piping bag could make it a much easier job also. I've had a few nightmares grouting some textured splitface tiles:(

Joshjupp

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I knew that wasn't yours :D

It might look much better ungrouted and staggered as you wont have that gap at the center where 4 meet when they are stacked. A grout piping bag could make it a much easier job also. I've had a few nightmares grouting some textured splitface tiles:(
I’ll see what it looks like once there installed if I have to grout them I will but wouldn’t mind not grouting them as all the tiles on the other walls are white with white grout I’d have to be seriously careful grouting them haha

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If it’s not going to get wet definitely no grout for me. :)

G

GoneGuy

If it’s not in a wet area but then up and stagger them, if the gaps are too big then try and use a grout colour close to the tile colour so that it won’t stand out

U

Unused Account 1

Got these split face porcelain tiles to do tomorrow as a feature wall would you grout these or not they aren’t being used in a wet area thanks View attachment 108886 View attachment 108887
Morning josh,ive done a lot of these ,i never grouted them ,as one the gaps so small and the different thickness you will struggle to get in ,i did 40 metres outside ,just sealed it 3 times ,no problem
Are they porcelain ,or slate

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshjupp

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Morning josh,ive done a lot of these ,i never grouted them ,as one the gaps so small and the different thickness you will struggle to get in ,i did 40 metres outside ,just sealed it 3 times ,no problem
Thanks that’s what I wanted to hear it’s only a small feature wall in a cloakroom so it will never get wet

F

Flintstone

Ive done both with these sorts of tiles and it can actually make the joints stand out more if you grout them. Dry area, no grout for me.

Reply to Split face porcelain in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks