Discuss Spacia or Karndean Vinyl Flooring in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

W

Woodie38

In the process of having a new floor in our kitchen diner. What is the difference between Spacia and Karndean? Ive read that Karndean is easier to lay then Spacia and Spacia is the "budget Amtico".

I will get a local retailer to fit it for me and I am more interested in wear and tear and product difference Any advice please???

I

Ian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've seen some test results from a wear test on vinyl tiles, including Amtico/Spacia/Karndean and a couple of others (I'm not sure if these test results have been made public) and the Karndean was bottom of the pile. I'd personally choose Spacia over Karndean all day long.

T

thompsonbrown

TF
Supporter
Reactions
i think karndeans wear rate is 2.5mm and spacia is 3mm both should be fine for domestic use. But a cheaper alternative is polyfloor, I've used all 3 and would recommend polyfloor every time not as much money spent on marketing and reflected in the price. buy a floor maintenance kit about £25, conditions the vinyl and makes it look brand new

John Benton

John Benton

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
2,249 20
I've got Amtico in my hallway. It's been down 10 years and looks like new, but it did cost a small fortune. Just fitted Polyfloor in a bathroom at a rental I've got and was very impressed, will be fitting same in dining kitchen.

Polyfloor cost me £15m2 and came in 3.34m2 boxes.

Reply to Spacia or Karndean Vinyl Flooring in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.