Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sos advice needed can bad job can be salvaged in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Ingaga

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
My first post, joined forum to get some help as my husband thinks everything is ok and i am harrasing. We Had warmap Ufh installed on Friday. It went on a bare concrete floor. Tiler used Tarmac floor levelling compound and did on the go as he poured compound. he never laid wires down, they are attached here and there with a tape that is sticking out. Distance between wires varies from 5mm to 15 cm and yes I can see them.
1554613382683-194610220.jpg
Can this be salvaged and how? I attached pic sorry not the best quality.

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
My first post, joined forum to get some help as my husband thinks everything is ok and i am harrasing. We Had warmap Ufh installed on Friday. It went on a bare concrete floor. Tiler used Tarmac floor levelling compound and did on the go as he poured compound. he never laid wires down, they are attached here and there with a tape that is sticking out. Distance between wires varies from 5mm to 15 cm and yes I can see them. View attachment 106032 Can this be salvaged and how? I attached pic sorry not the best quality.
Afraid not. Cables should be evenly spaced min 5omm. Should have put insulation board down.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
W

Waluigi

Contact Warmup and explain what has happened. Get it in writing and pass this on to the installer. Mention that you’d like the spec to follow warmups manufacturers instructions.

You can download them online if you don’t already have them

S

Spare Tool

Contact Warmup and explain what has happened. Get it in writing and pass this on to the installer. Mention that you’d like the spec to follow warmups manufacturers instructions.

You can download them online if you don’t already have them
I'd be passing no information onto the installer, obviously hasn't the first idea what he's doing and should not be allowed back into your property to continue, only thing I'd be saying to him is come and collect your tools and goodbye..

W

Waluigi

You’ve got to give him the opportunity to rectify it. Legally.

I agree though- I’d not want him anywhere near my house again. You’re better off trying to keep things legal. Perhaps even suggesting he pay for a professional to rectify the issues.

When I say rectify I mean a full rip out and re fit :D

S

Spare Tool

There is no rectifying that though...what could possibly be done to salvage it, if I were him I'd consider myself very lucky to be just walking away..

S

Spare Tool

Yes he should be giving the opportunity to put this right but let him try and take this to court and see what happens.. Would take them five minutes to throw this out. By showing no reasonable skill care and attention (let alone knowledge) in undertaking the work I would presume the trader is already in breach of contract..

O

Old Mod

Did you read my post?
Was that necessary?
Happens continually where others don’t read previous posts correctly, or even at all.
Hands up who’s never done it!
Makes you look like you have an attitude.
And now it’s escalated further.
Not only is it off topic, it’s bloody childish.

Move on please, both of you!

Reply to Sos advice needed can bad job can be salvaged in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock