Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss solution to remove cement/ grout off in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, my name is Eddy, my forum nickname is Dobalganero. I am looking for advice here. I hope I can get help.
My son-in-law offered to grout the walls of our bathroom but he did not take the grout off quick enough, he let it rest there for some time and even plastered some around the tiles. Does anyone know of a good cement remover that leaves the affected area clean without spoiling the finish of the tile,
thank you so much for your time and help. We appreciate him so much and he is feeling bad about the whole thing. my wife and i told him , listen, son, I'm gonna get help from a forum out there and we will clean this up, don't worry.
can you recommend something that really works?. we have already tried a grout remover but it has not been that effective.
Thank youuuuu in advance.

OP
D
Reaction score
:)
What tiles are they ? And any pics.
First of all, thanks a lot for replying. they are ceramic tiles. not high-end but nice. PIctures i can send but i need to get home. I am at work right now. around 6 will be arriving home. some of the baddest part are almost white from the grout. Some other tiles we could clean up a bit a with a grout remover we bought from home depot but it was not easy. Any tip will be appreciated Mr Dave. thanks again.
any advice or recommendation will be tried. we just want to make it better. it surely won't make it worse.
if you know of any service agency that we can reach out to, then that would also be our hail mary in any event. we're based in Miami, FL.

OP
D
Reaction score
I had my wife take and send a couple of pics

Attachments

• IMG-20211118-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20211118-WA0011.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG-20211118-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20211118-WA0010.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 33

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Wow !!! That’s going to be a nightmare to remove. I would try an acid based grout remover and a white rough scotch type pad but I’m inclined to think they might be ruined . It’s worth a try before you think about redoing

OP
D
Reaction score
Wow !!! That’s going to be a nightmare to remove. I would try an acid based grout remover and a white rough scotch type pad but I’m inclined to think they might be ruined . It’s worth a try before you think about redoing
Yes, sir, that bears repeating. A nightmare! lol. can you recommend one brand of acid-based removers and if you can send a pic of the scotch-tape pad would also help. I'm a give that a try. he plastered cement all over lol.
thanks Mr Dave

Reaction score
I thought I was going to have to retile an area I did not clean well enough, but was able to sand the grout off without any apparent damage to the tile. Washing off grout haze with an acid cleaner like "Professional's Choice Miracle Sealants Company Heavy Duty Acidic Cleaner".

Reply to solution to remove cement/ grout off in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock